Wednesday, February 11, 2009

High on Art

Balloon Tank by Hans Hermert

I was joking with someone about how part of My Life at the Party Store involves indulging various artist's conceit that they are the First Person Ever to incorporate balloons into art.

Though I enjoyed the truthful snarkiness of this comment, it's stimulated me to research and compile a list of all the artists I can find who have, in fact, incorporated balloons into their art, and what they have to say about it.

So begins a new project for the day, with results to be posted as a blog edit later on.

1 comment:

hemingway complex said...

Tanks in general are a common theme in New Art. There's a tank cozy on display somewhere near here, the whole of it crocheted by hand. I keep being haunted by silkscreened images of tanks too, probs b/c I live near an art school.